Friday, January 15, 2010

Simplicity Above All

As part of my course "College! The Contested Territories of Higher Education," I am going to have students keep a research and writing journal online as a blog.  There will be a minimum of 15 required posts to the blog, though I hope students will find that they want to blog more frequently and that the blog can be a useful place to store information.  I was contemplating using WordPress, which is much more attractive and favored in academic settings.  But after playing around with both Blogger and WordPress, I realized that Blogger is the simplest option available.  Besides, I am hoping that students will try out Google Docs this semester to help them write their papers, so it makes sense for them to be able to move freely from one Google app to another with only one log in.

Decision made.  Let's get blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment